Here are some common measurements to use when hanging light fixtures in your home. Happy hanging!
1. How high to hang a light fixture above a dining room table. Hang the fixture so that its bottom is between 30-34 inches above the top of the table. Have someone sit down across the table from you and make sure that you can see the person completely – your chandelier should not impede any visual or conversation.
2. How wide a light fixture to get for a dining room. Add the width and length of the dining room: this number IN INCHES is the best diameter size for a chandelier in the room.
3. How high should a reading lamp be. Position the lampshade so that the bottom is just below eye level. If you are a reader in bed, make sure that the bottom of the lampshade sits about 16-18 above the mattress.
4. How high should you mount sconces on a wall. For a standard 8-9 foot ceiling sconces should sit about 5 to 5 1/2 feet above the floor.
5. How many interior designers does it take to change a lightbulb? Does it have to be a lightbulb? nyuk nyuk.